POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post (49.1K) : Re: First Post (49.1K) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post (49.1K)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 31 Aug 2000 22:07:53
Message: <39AF101F.CF13B3AC@unforgettable.com>
autowitch wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been using POVRay for a while (off and on).
> This is part of a project that I am working on.  Let me know what you think.

Very impressive. I'm jealous.

Some radiosity might help; you've remarked that it tends to wash out the
scene, so two things I would suggest are...

1. Have a look at some of the other recent radiosity work posted here
("More of the same", "Almost", "YMFWR", and I think a couple others that
I've forgotten the titles of. They focus on using a low error_bound
setting to create more convincing radiosity shadows, and the effect can
be quite striking.

2. Create a variable, like this:

#declare light_adjust = 1;

...and then multiply the color of your light and the brightness setting
by the variable. This makes it a little easier to adjust your lighting
level while keeping everything in balance.

Some subtle focal blur (subtle!) would probably work wonders.

-Xplo